Your First Visit To TRUSALUS
Your new patient forms should be fully completed, signed and dated prior to arrival. If your packet is not completed in advance, please allow an additional 20 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete all forms (If you have an extensive medical history that is relevant to your visit, we recommend completing your patient history prior to arrival so you can b e sure to not leave any information out). Forms completed should include:
- Patient Information
- Financial Agreement
- Pricing, Payment, & Refund Policy
- Informed Consent
- Appropriate Body Part Questionnaire
If you have more than one primary injury, please prioritize your complaints. The techniques used by Dr. Johnson require a focus of treatment on one body part at a time. The initial evaluation will be geared toward dealing with the primary complaint. The highest priority problems will be put into a plan that will also address secondary complaints, problems or injuries that will be systematically addressed during your treatment plan. This will ensure that a logical progression that allows for optimal healing will be supported.
Your first visit will require approximately 45 minutes but may take longer so please be sure your schedule is flexible enough to allow for this. During your evaluation time with Dr. Johnson, he will perform a thorough examination relating to your primary complaint. At the end of your visit, he will review with patients what he understands to be the main factors that need to be addressed and why, what exactly needs to be done, how long it should take to experience substantial relief and a rough estimate of how much it should cost or how many sessions it will take to resolve your discomfort. Dr. Johnson will also answer your questions and make sure you understand the nature of the problem and the reasons for treatment and expected outcomes.
If you agree to the treatment plan prescribed by Dr. Johnson you will receive a prescription which may include; Chiropractic Care, Soft Tissue Therapy, Exercise Therapy as well as Nutrition recommendations. These services are all offered at TRUSALUS and can be scheduled with the assistance of the front desk staff.
First Visit Treatment Expectations:
Be committed to your health!
- We understand that during your initial work with Dr. Johnson and the team at Trusalus, that your pain or discomfort may limit your ability to be a fully active participant in your healing and recovery. But over time as healing and function return, it is important to understand that each patient must engage the healing process fully and incorporate recommended lifestyle changes if they are to realize the full benefit of treatment.
- Follow your prescriptions and personal recommendations from Dr. Johnson. They are tailored for your personal situation and are designed to provide you with series of clear and precise Action Steps that you should undertake with the intention of achieving the best and healthiest outcome.
- By setting your appointments in advance we can be sure that Dr. Johson always has enough time to provide the highest level of care.
- If you miss appointments there may be a charge if you give us less than 24 hours for a "missed appointment" notice. Speak with the front desk regarding the specifics of this.
- Follow your prescriptions
At TRUSALUS, you’ll benefit from our experienced amd personalized approach. Since pain and/or dysfunction may be originating from a source other that from your area if primary complaint or discomfort, we provide thorough examinations that will include the following:
- A Comprehensive History
- Thorough Physical Examination (including functional range of motion if tolerated)
- Referral(s) for X-Rays, MRI, and/or Diagnostic Blood Work when appropriate
- Advanced and comprehensive hands-on therapy
- Lifestyle modification recommendations as needed
- Recommendation for a variety of health support programs as relevant to your situation
- After your initial visit and evaluation, regular office visits range from 10 to 20 minutes, unless you have special treatment plans that require additional time in the office for participation in one of our Healthy Living or Fitness Programs.
- Patients are required to fill out Daily Consent Forms. These forms are brief, but necessary to monitor progress
- If needed, clean gowns and shorts are provided, but feel free to bring your own.
For your convenience, we offer a variety of payment options. We base our fees on the quality of materials we use, our level of expertise in performing your needed treatment and any supplemental materials that are needed during the course of your treatment:
- Personal Checks
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Master Card
- American Express
We are not contracted with any third party payors or insurance companies. As such, we do not accept or bill insurance. As a courtesy to our patients, we do provide a Superbill. A Superbill may be provided to you at any time for you to submit to your insurance carrier. Your Superbill will provide your diagnosis codes, dates of service, procedure codes and how much has been paid to date. Upon submittal of their Superbill to their insurance carrier, most of our patients receive reimbursement from their carrier within two to three weeks. Due to the ever-changing nature of the third party payor system and inconsistent policies and procedures from one carrier to another, we can not offer nor imply any guarantees regarding your reimbursement for the care provided by Trusalus or program that you participate in.
Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause but we cannot work with the following categories of payments or "liens for care":
- We do not accept nor work with "Work Related Injuries" (California Workers Comp / Workers Compensation) cases
- We do not accept Personal Injury Cases or "liens for care"
- We do not accept Medicare or Medical as payment for treatment.